Sunday, April 18, 2010

Memo Tears Achilles

This postseason hasn't gone our way. Unfortunately, the bad news continues to haunt us. Memhet Okur tore his achilles tendon last night against the Nuggets in Game 1. I could tell when he fell to the floor on his drive to the basket that his season was over. It didn't look good. Memo will have surgery to repair his achilles tendon in the near future.

On a personal note, I can relate to Memo's injury. I tore my achilles tendon one year ago in April. The recovery was horrendously brutal. Memo will be on crutches for at least a month, be placed into a walking boot for three additional months and then slowly work therapy until he can walk, jog and run again. I started slowly jogging 6 months after my injury happened and played pick-up basketball 8-9 months post injury. In my opinion, I could see Memo playing ball in a Jazz uniform in January 2011 at the earliest. Wow. What a tragic turn of events! Time for Fes and Koufos to step into significant roles. Go Jazz!

No comments: