Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jazz Will Match


The Deseret News is reporting that the Jazz will match the offer for Paul Millsap, and it'll be announced tomorrow (Friday). This news now sets in motion the great possibility that Carlos Boozer may be traded soon. This weekend, the Jazz will have to pay Millsap $10.3 million. Can you believe that? Quite the lump-sum pay day!
ESPN.com believes that the Trail Blazers messed around with the Jazz in order to assist them through future trades. Will the Jazz still work with Portland, knowing how much they made us hurt over Millsap's contract? I guess it's just plain and simply considered an aggressive business move. And if Portland can help the Jazz with salary relief along with another acquisition/trade, then maybe all will be worthwhile and forgiven.

8 comments:

Jazz Fan said...

First of all, I want to give a tip of the cap to Portland. They played Utah like a fiddle. Portland knew all along that the Jazz wanted Millsap, and they screwed Utah bigtime. On the other hand, the Jazz got their man. The fans wanted him, the players wanted him, and what suprised me the most, the front office listened to the the fans.
Millsap will help this year. I just hope he knows that he has to play to prove that he is worth what he is getting paid. He has a ton of pressure on him now, and I hope he doesnt fold.

Im psyched, not only do I love Millsap, I can buy my Millsap shirt now.

UYeah

7foot4.com said...

what about trading chicago for tyrus thomas and kirk hindrich for boozer and their choice of korver, miles, or brewer. The salieries all work (I believe)

I like it.

Pasty Gangsta said...

Excellent news.

We take a hit this year. But we're set up nicely over the next three, especially if we can move Boozer (which seems like a forgone conclusion).

Orlando said...

To be fair to the Blazers, they got screwed when Memphis played Darius Miles for five games last year. That move ate up about 8 million in cap space, which, if they had it, would have allowed Portland to truly give Millsap an unmatchable offer.

Pasty Gangsta said...

Crotty, for awhile I thought you were a closet Spurs fan. Now it turns out you heart the Blazers.

Maybe one day you'll find your way back to the Jazz. . .

Tucker McCann said...

Crotty once told me that he thought Timmy D had the nicest shoulders in the league.

I thought it was weird at the time, until he told me last week that he thought Brandon Roy had the best "rugged" good-looks in the NBA.

Ryan said...

I think Millsap for 8 million is a pretty good deal. He's young, durable, and has gotten better every year. He'll average a double-double next year, and I think we'll be surprised at how effective his post game is. He may never be as polished offensively as Boozer, but I think Paul's got a bright future and has the potential to be a more complete player.

site said...

Well, I do not really suppose this may work.