1) Sloan is getting old,
2) Sloan may be getting bored after 21 years with no ring, and not even a Coach of Year award,
3) Sloan needs knee replacement surgery,
4) the face of the Jazz is changing (LHM is dead, Hot Rod is retiring so that he can focus on 'the bottle' full time, and we risk losing Boozer, Millsap, Okur, Korver, and a slew of others this season, so how badly will Sloan want to start over with a new squad?),
5) this young Jazz team is digressing (Western Conference Finals in 2007, 2nd Round exit in 2008, 1st Round exit in 2009), and
6) when it's time, it's time.