Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Doom and Gloom

I was once taught that... "if I didn't have anything good to say, then I shouldn't say anything at all".

And so technically... I suppose this ought to be one of those moments. However, if I didn't speak up about the Jazz... then it would defeat the purpose of our blog.

It's been rather depressing to witness the downfall of the Jazz as the regular season has concluded. They've absolutely fallen apart... both physically & collectively. To make matters worse, we now face the 'wrath and fire' of Kobe Bryant and the Lakers in the 1st round.

If you didn't notice a complete swathing of our Jazz against the purple and gold the other night, then you're living in a fantasy world. We'll be lucky to win a game against these guys. From 1 thru 12, the Lakers are plain and simply better than us. Deron Williams is the only player I'd take in a cross-positional comparison. Otherwise, we're completely overmatched!

I don't think that I'm overblowing the "doom-and-gloom" attitude. The fact is... our Jazz are just playing completely out-of-tune. I like a selective group of our guys individually (as players)... but collectively we don't get it done (especially on the defensive end). I'm worried for our future with this cast of characters.

What do I wish for? As always... I'll be cheering hard for our Jazz. I'd like to see us make the series competitive. Will we win it? No. But I wonder however, would it be bad to see our guys falter in order to enact personnel change?

The series will go long if Deron Williams (our one, and only hero) straps on the Superman cape and flies unmercilessly towards the hoop. Otherwise, it'll be "all Lakers, all the time". And that just makes me puke writing it!

3 comments:

Pasty Gangsta said...

Couldn't agree more, Guru. The end of this season has been a disaster, and not just because Collins started last night and at one point held the ball for eight seconds looking like a scared cat before passing it to himself and getting called for traveling.

The Lakers will unfortunately hammer us this post-season, and it pains me greatly to say that because I really, really dislike them. But boy they're a solid team.

We are getting outplayed and outcoached. And yes, like Gordon Monson (unfortunately), I blame some of this on Jerry. We've just fallen apart the last 15 games and haven't been competitive on the road in two years.

The one highlight of last night was D Will showing some emotion and showing a much bigger Bynum what was up. Fitting because besides Paul's inspired play earlier this year, we haven't had a lot of highlights out of anyone else.

Orlando said...

If we can throw the same starting five at the Lakers that we used in the regular season finale, we should be fine. Hard to stop both Collins and Harpring at once.

Tucker McCann said...

The ultimate collapse . . . and it's too bad that the collapse happened when it did instead of November, because there is simply no time to rebound (unless 3 days is enough time).

Now all we are left to cheer for is that maybe the Jazz will take the Lakers to 5 games, which isn't much to cheer for.